For those who are interested in expanding your knowledge and understanding in addition to the course notes, please find below a list of recommended readings and / or text books that you will refer to during your course.
FREE Public Access resources:
- This list of free public access resources can support your learning.
- Glenda Needs. Art Therapy: Foundation and Form.
- Cathy Malchiodi. The Art Therapy Sourcebook.
- Cathy Malchiodi. The Handbook of Art Therapy
- Harriet Wadeson. Art Psychotherapy
- Shaun McNiff. Art as Medicine
- Shaun McNiff. Art Heals
- Marian Liebmann. Art Therapy in Practice
- Boorstein, Seymour [ed]. 1980. Transpersonal Psychotherapy. Palo Alto: Science and Behaviour Books
- Dossey, Larry. 1999. Reinventing Medicine. San Francisco: Harper
- Goleman, Daniel. The Meditative Mind. 1988. London: Crucible
- Rowan, John. 1993. The Transpersonal: Psychotherapy and Counselling. London: Routledge
- Tart, Charles, [ed]. 1969. Altered States of Consciousness. NY: Doubleday
- Barasch, Marc. 2000. Healing Dreams. NY: Riverhead
- Brazier, David. 2001. Zen Therapy. London: Robinson
- Dossey, Larry. 2001. Healing Beyond the Body. London: Time Warner
- Hampden-Turner, Charles. 1982. Maps of the Mind. NY: Collier
- Hume, Lynne. 2002. Ancestral Power: The Dreaming, Consciousness and Aboriginal Australians. Melbourne: Melbourne UP
- Jung, Carl. 2000. The Archetypes of the Collective Unconscious. London: Routledge
- Laing, Ronald. 1967. The Politics of Experience and the Bird of Paradise. London: Penguin
- Miller,Geri. 2003. Incorporating Spirituality in Counselling and Psychotherapy. NY: Wiley
- O’Connor, Timothy and David Robb [eds]. 2003. Philosophy of Mind. NY: Routledge
- Wellings, Nigel and Eliz. McCormick. 2000. Transpersonal Psychotherapy. London: Continuum
- Locke, R. G. (1975). The Stranger Within: Existential Grammars and Ethnography. Proceedings of the Southern Sociological Association Conference, Monroe, Louisiana.
MIND BODY MEDICINE
Online book shops are: Dymocks, Amazon, Bookdepository, China Books, Fishpond, Booktopia
- RRP Principles of Anatomy & Physiology (Tuotora & Grabowski)
- Basic Personal Counselling: A Training Manual for Counsellors (Geldard & Geldard)
- Acupoint Location Complete Study Tool (Lotan)
- Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit (Mojay)
- Muscles Testing and Function with Posture and Pain 5th Ed (Kendall et al)
- Prescription for Nutritional Healing Pathology for Health Sciences (Balch) OR Diseases of the Human Body 5th Ed (N Vardaxis, C Tamparo & M Lewis)
- A manual of Acupuncture (Deadman, Al-Khafaji & Baker)
- Muscle & Bone Anatomy 3D (Real Bodywork)
LIST OF RECOMMENDED BOOKS FOR THE DIPLOMA OF CLINICAL HYPNOTHERAPY
- Harry W Carpenter (2003); The Genie Within: Your Subconscious Mind: How It Works and How to Use It
- Dr Allen Chips (2004); Clinical Hypnotherapy – AS Transpersonal Approach
- David Waxman (2001) UK; Hartland’s Medical & Dental Hypnosis 3rd Ed
- Hugh Gunnison (2004) UK; Hypnocounselling An Eclectic bridge between Milton Erickson and Carl Rogers
- Michael D Yapko, Ph.D. (2012) NY; Routledge; Trancework: An Introduction to the Practice of Clinical Hypnosis
- Elias, Jack (2006); Five Wisdoms Press, USA; Finding True Magic – Transpersonal Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy/NLP
- Tebbets, Charles (1987); Westwood Publishing Inc.; Self Hypnosis
- Blakeslee, Thomas R (2004) USA; Beyond the Conscious Mind: Unlocking the Secrets of the Self
- Hammond, D. Corydon Ph.D. (1990); Handbook of Hypnotic Suggestions and Metaphors
- Barnett, E.A. MD (1989) Westwood Publishing CA; Analytical Hypnotherapy – Principles and Practice
- Lipton, Bruce H Ph.D. (2008); Hay House, USA; The Biology of Belief
- Ronald Havens and Catherine Walters (2002); Brunner-Routledge, USA; Hypnotherapy Scripts – A Neo-Ericksonian Approach Dave Elman Hypnotherapy
- Ernest L. Rossi and David B. Cheek; (1988); Mind-Body Therapy
- Gordon Emmerson (Oct 2007) USA; Ego State Therapy
- Roy Hunter (2005) Crown, USA; Hypnosis for Inner Conflict Resolution: Introducing Parts Therapy
- Michael D Yapko, Ph.D. (2009) Simon & Schuster, NY; Depression Is Contagious
- Brian L. Weiss M.D. (2005); Same Soul Many Bodies – Discover the Healing Power of Future Lives through Progression Therapy
- Geldard, D & Geldard, K. (2001); Pearsdon Education Australia; Basic Personal Counselling: a Training Manual for Counsellors
- The Sage Handbook of Counselling and Psychotherapy (2nd), edited by Colin Feltham and Ian Horton. London: Sage Publications Ltd.
- Berne, Eric (1964) Games People Play; New York: Grove Press.
- Muriel Lames Dorothy Jongeward (1996) Born to Win; Da Capo Press.
- Harris, Thomas A (1967) I’m OK—You’re OK; New York: Harper & Row.
- Steiner, Claude (1974) Scripts People Live By; New York: Grove.
- John Grinder & Richard Bandler (1989) USA; Frogs into Princes
- Robert Dilts, John Grinder, Richard Bandler, Judith DeLozier (1980) USA; Neuro-Linguistic Programming – The Study of Subjective Experience
- John Grinder & Richard Bandler (1975) USA; The Structure of Magic Books 1 and 2
- Virginia Satir, Michele Baldwin (1984) USA; Satir Step by Step: A Guide to Creating Change in Families
- Dr Martin Rossman (2000) Publishers Group, Canada; Guided Imagery for Self- Healing