Course Code: 52698WA
Qualification: Advanced Diploma of Transpersonal Counselling
Duration: Two formats available. 12 month duration or 24 month duration*(1500 nominal hours)
Accreditation: Nationally Accredited. Accredited with the ACA.
Next Intake 2018
The Advanced Diploma of Transpersonal Counselling (TPC) at IKON offers students an integrative approach to dealing with issues and matters that present in a wide range of counselling settings.
The course has a deep foundation in academic theory, as well as a strong emphasis on key themes of authenticity, self-realisation, power and meaning. At the same time as deepening their knowledge and skills, students will develop an acute understanding of themselves and their relationship to others. Any person with a passion for supporting and empowering others as well as a commitment to their own growth may enter this course.
Graduates are equipped with a strong foundation in Transpersonal Counselling theory and practice. Transpersonal Counselling skills are readily transferable to a broad range on job roles including children and youth, Aboriginal health, mental health, schools, correctional services, community projects and aged care. IKON graduates are employed in government and non-government agencies (such as schools, welfare and human services) and many are self-employed, primarily in their own practice.
This course can be studied in 2 different formats, both of which contain 12 modules.
Please check if your preferred delivery format is available in your state.
Modules 1 to 11 are coursework, and Module 12 is a 100 hour practical placement in an approved organisation with training supervision.
Graduates can expect to practice as counsellors in Australia and will be eligible for:
- Associate Membership with the Counselling Association of South Australia (CASA);
- Affiliate Membership with the Queensland Counselling Association (QCA); and
- Trainee Membership with the Australian Creative Arts Therapies Association (ACATA);
- Trainee Membership with the Psychotherapists and Counsellors Association of Western Australia (PACAWA)
- Full Membership with the International Institute for Complementary Therapists (IICT). IICT provides membership and professional indemnity insurance for practitioners. (www.iict.com.au), and
- Full Membership with the Australian Association of Holistic and Transpersonal Counsellors (AAHTC).
AAHTC also provides membership and professional indemnity insurance for practitioners (www.aahtc.org.au)