Course Code: 52698WA
Qualification: Advanced Diploma of Transpersonal Counselling
Duration: Two formats available. 12 month duration or 24 month duration*(1500 nominal hours)
Accreditation: Nationally Accredited. Accredited with the ACA.
The Advanced Diploma of Transpersonal Counselling (TPC) at IKON offers students an integrative approach to dealing with issues and matters that present in a wide range of counselling settings.
The course has a deep foundation in academic theory, as well as a strong emphasis on key themes of authenticity, self-realisation, power and meaning. At the same time as deepening their knowledge and skills, students will develop an acute understanding of themselves and their relationship to others. Any person with a passion for supporting and empowering others as well as a commitment to their own growth may enter this course.
Graduates are equipped with a strong foundation in Transpersonal Counselling theory and practice. Transpersonal Counselling skills are readily transferable to a broad range on job roles including children and youth, Aboriginal health, mental health, schools, correctional services, community projects and aged care. IKON graduates are employed in government and non-government agencies (such as schools, welfare and human services) and many are self-employed, primarily in their own practice.
This course can be studied in 2 different formats, both of which contain 12 modules.
Please check if your preferred delivery format is available in your state.
Modules 1 to 11 are coursework, and Module 12 is a 100 hour practical placement in an approved organisation with training supervision.
Graduates can expect to practice as counsellors in Australia and will be eligible for:
- Associate Membership with the Counselling Association of South Australia (CASA);
- Affiliate Membership with the Queensland Counselling Association (QCA); and
- Trainee Membership with the Australian Creative Arts Therapies Association (ACATA);
- Trainee Membership with the Psychotherapists and Counsellors Association of Western Australia (PACAWA)
- Full Membership with the International Institute for Complementary Therapists (IICT). IICT provides membership and professional indemnity insurance for practitioners. (www.iict.com.au), and
- Full Membership with the Australian Association of Holistic and Transpersonal Counsellors (AAHTC).
AAHTC also provides membership and professional indemnity insurance for practitioners (www.aahtc.org.au)