Next intake 2017: SA March 24
Get a taste at our Discover Hypnotherapy – Half Day Workshop. Info
Hypnosis is the art of relaxation which facilitates a deeper more reflective perspective, in order to achieve the healing outcomes desired by the client. People naturally move in and out of these reflective states throughout the day. Hypnosis is the art of intentionally facilitating this reflective and relaxed state. That is why hypnosis is extremely effective in dealing with anxiety and anxiety-related issues, such as: self-esteem, addictions, fears and phobias, panic attacks, performance issues and insomnia.
Hypnotherapy combines hypnosis and therapy, and is completely safe when applied by a skilfully trained Hypnotherapist. Psychoanalytic theory proposes that inappropriate behavioural and emotional patterns have an intra-psychic conflict at its core. A popular expression of this is “being in two minds”. Hypnotherapists are able to assist clients to sort through and resolve their conflicting inner minds through therapeutic processes applied in the relaxed state of hypnosis.
What makes this qualification remarkable –
- One of very few Hypnotherapy qualifications that is full time experiential study – if a student really intends to learn and master the craft, face to face training with an experienced trainer far outweighs an online acquisition of knowledge.
- This nationally recognised diploma qualification has been developed by a practicing hypnotherapist with considerable knowledge and practical experience in hypnotherapy, transpersonal counselling and business management (degree in economics and accounting). So it is geared not only to train Hypnotherapists. It is geared to train students to become successful practitioners. Our last module “Manage a Practice” gets excellent reviews primarily because it is training in another skill set which is quite a different to the skill set for being a Hypnotherapist. It is an important part of what makes the course remarkable – because it was written by someone who knows how to successfully “manage a business”.
- This is the only Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy in Australia which trains students in Clinical Hypnotherapy, and in a Person Centered, Transpersonal context.
- The steering committee supporting the writing of this Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy was comprised of experts in their field: comprising 4 Clinical Hypnotherapists, 2 Psychologists, an Assoc. Prof of Education, and a M. Ed. Educator. One of the 4 Clinical Hypnotherapists was the Secretary of the Australian Hypnotherapists Association.
- The course extends beyond Hypnotherapy. Students are trained in a range of supporting therapies which inform Hypnotherapy practice. More info.
- The course covers an extensive range of Hypnotherapy and Non-Hypnotherapy techniques– because hypnosis is contraindicated for some individuals. More info
- And finally, work as a therapist requires the practitioner to have done work on him/herself first, i.e. personal transformation. Personal growth cannot be assessed in the same way that other skills are assessed in terms of competency. However, it is the golden thread which runs through the course – a lived experience of personal growth, which is evidenced in competent, confident and self-aware facilitators of change.
The course is to be delivered over a one year “intensive” mode and is taught over 9 teaching units.
Each unit is taught over 6 days of classroom delivery (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) fortnightly with two weeks off in between units. The period between units will consist of unsupervised learning in which students complete work on: assignments, learner guides, workbooks, research, tutorials and practice of techniques.
There is 100 hours of supervised hypnotherapy practice incorporated in the total hours of the course.
Course Structure and Sequencing
VU20891 Apply self-hypnosis and hypnotic techniques
VU20892 Apply personality theory in hypnotherapy practice
VU20893 Apply holistic counselling in a range of contexts
VU20894 Use parts therapy applications in hypnotherapy practice
VU20895 Use Neurolinguistic programming (NLP) in hypnotherapy practice
VU20896 Apply hypnoanalysis and hypnocounselling
VU20897 Apply advanced hypnotherapeutic processes
VU20898 Apply transpersonal hypnotherapeutic processes
HLTCOM404C Communicate effectively with clients
HLTCOM503C Manage a practice
The are required resources (texts and relevant websites) for this qualification. The trainer will provide additional learning material where gaps are identified in either the participant’s underpinning knowledge or the training resources.
This Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy embraces the clinical and transpersonal approaches to the practice of Hypnotherapy.
It is structured around two learning objectives:
- The course provides a thorough understanding of Hypnotherapy practice in its clinical application, with the emphasis on treatment. Students learn the techniques of hypnosis and suggestion and how to apply hypnosis in therapy: ego state therapy, ideomotor questioning, Gestalt Empty Chair, hypnoanalysis, age regression, abstract regression therapy. Advanced techniques for uncovering and treating specific outcomes are included in the clinical applications.
- The course also provides the student opportunity for growth and self-discovery leading to the development of personal confidence and self-awareness. The objective of the course is to be a competent, self-aware facilitator of change.
Hypnotherapy may be used as a process for meaningful change, which the client engages in to achieve their own healing outcomes. So, you are encouraged to approach the study of hypnotherapy as a “mindfulness” or “experiential” encounter, and not simply as an academic intellectual exercise.
A range of hypnotherapy techniques are demonstrated, and students become skilled in applying those techniques through role play, case study, and practice.
Graduates are eligible to become members of the Australian Hypnotherapists Association. You can read more about this association here.
Please contact us for additional information relating to the scheduling and tuition fees.
For additional information, please download the course brochure here.
Put Outline Here