Statement of Tuition Assurance
- Proteus Technologies Pty Ltd trading as the IKON Institute of Australia ABN: 95 112 989 581 ACN: 112 989 581 (the first provider) must comply with the VET Tuition Assurance requirements. This is to protect students in the event we cease to provide a VET course of study in which a student is enrolled.
- These requirements are covered under Schedule 1A to the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (the Act) and chapter 3 of the VET Guidelines 2015 (the VET Guidelines). The meaning of ‘ceasing to provide a VET course of study’ is set out in the VET Guidelines which are available on the Com Law website.
- In the event we cease to provide a VET course of study in which a student is enrolled, the student is entitled to a choice of:a) an offer of a place in a similar VET course of study with a second provider without any requirement to pay the second provider any tuition fee for any replacement VET units (this is known as the ‘VET Course Assurance Option’)
b) a refund of the student’s up-front VET tuition fee payments and/or a re-crediting of any FEE-HELP balance for any VET unit of study in which the student is enrolled or commences but does not complete because we cease to provide the VET course of study of which the unit forms part (this is known as the ‘VET Tuition Fee Repayment Option’)
- We have met the VET tuition assurance requirements, as specified in the VET Guidelines, through current membership of the ACPET Australian Student Tuition Assurance Scheme (the Scheme). Contact details for ACPET (TAS Administrator) are:ACPET Website: www.acpet.edu.au
Phone Number: 903) 9412 5900
- If we cease to provide a VET course of study, the TAS Administrator will send a student enrolled in the VET course of study a written VET Tuition Assurance Offer (the Offer) advising the student of the options available under the VET tuition assurance requirements. The Offer will include directions that the student must follow in order to notify the TAS Administrator of the choice they have made for each affected VET unit. The TAS Administrator will provide this Offer within twenty business days after it knows, or should know by reasonable enquiries that we have ceased to provide the VET course of study.
- For the purposes of VET FEE-HELP, all courses offered by us, in accordance with the course requirements of clause 45 of Schedule 1A to the Act, are covered by the Scheme as part of our membership of the Scheme.
- A student may choose either:a) the VET Course Assurance Optionb) the VET Tuition Fee Repayment Option
These options are explained below.
The VET Course Assurance Option
- Under the VET course assurance option, a student will be offered a place in a similar VET course of study by the TAS Administrator. If the student accepts this option, the TAS Administrator will make all necessary arrangements to ensure the student is able to enrol with the second provider in a similar VET course of study. This offered VET course will lead to the same or a comparable qualification without any requirement on the part of the student to pay the second provider any tuition fee for any replacement VET units (that is, units that the student had commenced but not completed because the VET course ceased to be offered).A student will receive full credit from the second provider for any VET units of study successfully completed with the first provider.
- The second provider nominated by the TAS Administrator may have different tuition fees to the fees the student would have paid for VET units of study that were part of the VET course of study we ceased to provide but which the student had not yet started studying.
- A student is not obliged to enrol in a VET course of study with a second provider offered by the TAS Administrator under the VET Course Assurance Option. However, if the student enrols with any other VET provider there is no obligation on that VET provider to offer full credit transfer for the VET units of study completed with the first provider or to offer replacement VET unit/s free of charge.
The VET Tuition Fee Repayment Option
- Under the VET Tuition Fee Repayment Option, the TAS Administrator undertakes to pay the student the total of any up-front payments already paid by the student for any VET units of study the student has commenced but not completed because the VET course ceased to be offered. Students selecting this option will also have their FEE-HELP balance re-credited for the uncompleted VET units.
Relevant IKON policies include;
- S001 Deferral, Withdrawal, Refund and Tuition Assurance Policy
- S002 Student Grievance Policy and Procedure
All IKON policies can be found here.