IKON offer two comprehensive training blocks, custom designed to give young people the skills and confidence to pursue a career.
Training Block One – Pathways to Community Services
This training block will help young people to develop the following skills to support them to become work ready;
- Communication with others
- Working in a Team
- Problem solving
- Developing the confidence to take initiative
- Planning and organising your time and your work
- Managing your time and workload
- Learning how the world of work operates
- Understanding and using technology at work
In addition to the above, participants will be gain specialist knowledge and skills to consider a career in the Community Services Sector.
Training Block Two – General Employability Skills
Participants will learn and develop general employability skills and have the opportunity to apply and experience these across a wide variety of industries, including; retail, construction & hospitality.
This training block considers;
- Looking for work
- Resume writing
- Interview skills and preparation
- Presenting appropriately for work
- Time management and organisation
- Communication skills for the work place
- Understanding the personal and professional skills and practices needed to be an effective employee
- Staying employed and being a coachable and motivated employee
- Course Duration – 15 days per training block. Monday to Friday. 9am – 3pm.
- Training will be in a supported environment and include a mix of self-paced, theory, and practical study. Assessment will include a combination of both theory and practical observation.
- All course materials will be provided to the student.