Have a question?
You can view our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) here.

Alternatively, you may wish to view the following Useful Resources


Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP)
The Australian Government’s Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) issues visas for entry into Australia. DIBP provides comprehensive information about student visa requirements and the application process, as well as application document checklists to assist you with your application. visit: www.border.gov.au/Trav/Stud


Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
In your home country, all matters relating to your student visa are managed by the immigration section of the Australian Diplomatic Mission (the Australian High commission, consulate or Embassy), visit: www.dfat.gov.au/geo/


Migration agents
You can choose to use a migration agent to help you submit your visa application and communicate with DIBP on your behalf. For a list of registered Migration Agents please visit: www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Usin or www.mara.gov.au/

Education agents
Education agents are experienced in making international student applications and applying for visas. Most do not charge for their service as they collect a commission from the institution you choose to attend. However, some agents do charge small amounts or offer additional services for which they charge. You can check with the IKON Institute for contact details of agents we recommend.