Q.  I am currently studying with another provider, but wish to change and apply to study with IKON.  Is this possible?
A.  In accordance with the National code (Part D, Standard 7) IKON are not able to enrol a transferring student before the student has completed six months of the student’s principle course of study. (There are exceptional circumstances, such as a provider closing, which may allow a student to transfer prior to this).

This requirement has been put into effect by the Government as a method of protecting Students, and ensuring they have a an opportunity to properly adjust to life in Australia and their chosen course of study with a provider. After the initial 6 moths adjustment period, Students are better positioned to make a considered decision regarding any change in study direction.

Q.  Can I apply for course credit?
A.  Students may apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and exemptions from some units of study, where an equivalence of earlier learning and achievement can be established. Applications for RPL must be submitted and assessed PRIOR to enrolling in the course. Please contact the IKON Institute for further information on the RPL application process and associated fees.
Q.  How many hours can you work on a student VISA?
A.  International students in Australia, on a valid student visa, can work for up to 20 hours per week while school is in session. There is no limit on the number of hours an international student can work during recognised school vacations.A work week in Australia is considered to be Monday through the following Sunday. Students are not allowed to begin working until after their course(s) have begun.The 20-hour-per-week limit does not extend to any work the student is required to undertake as a component of his or her studies or training. Volunteer and unpaid work, however, does count towards the 20 hours. If an international student works more than the Australian restrictions allow, his or her visa may be cancelled.