Dramatherapy is defined by the National Association for Drama Therapy as “the systematic and internal use of drama / theatre processes, products and associations to achieve the therapeutic goals of symptom relief, emotional and physical integration and personal growth.” Dramatherapy is an active approach that helps the client tell his or her story to solve a problem, achieve a catharsis, extend the depth and breadth of inner experience, understand the meaning of images, and strengthen the ability to observe personal roles while increasing flexibility between roles.
This workshop will:
- Introduce participants to the basic ideas and methods of Dramatherapy in an enjoyable and non-confrontational way, using games and exercise designed to create an overview of the many different approaches of Dramatherapy in working with clients.
You will gain an understanding of:
- How Dramatherapists work holistically with others to facilitate positive change, promote healing and promote personal potential
- The many settings and career opportunities for Dramatherapy work.
- The variety of ways a Dramatherapist can work creatively with clients.
By the end of the workshop, participants will have learned and experienced:
- Different approaches and methods of Dramatherapy
- Numerous games and experiential which demonstrate and illuminate Dramatherapy approaches
- An increased understanding, appreciation and confidence in themselves and other members of the group
- Personal insights and a deeper understanding of the effectiveness of Dramatherapy as a therapeutic approach
Participants will come away with a well-rounded knowledge of the basics of Dramatherapy and will have a number of games and exercise to add to their therapeutic repertoire for running groups and working one to one with clients.
This workshop is suitable for:
- Mental health providers, allied health workers, counsellors, art therapists, youth workers, teachers or for those who are interested in expanding their therapeutic repertoire or interested in professional development.
Participants are asked to wear loose, comfortable clothing.
Workshop Dates & Details
Time: 9.30am – 4pm
SA | Saturday August 26, 2017
WA | Saturday July 22nd, 2017.
VIC | Saturday August 12th, 2017
QLD | Sunday October 22nd, 2017
Cost: $125 / $105 concession. $99 for IKON students/Alumni.
Please register here.