Student Support Officer (SSO) availability by state:
- Tuesday – 10.30 am – 4.30 pm
- Friday – 10.30 am – 4.30 pm
- Tuesday– 9.45 am – 4.30 pm
- Thursday – 9.45 am – 4.30 pm
- Tuesday– 12:00 pm – 3:30 pm
- Thursday – 12:00 pm – 3:30 pm
- Wednesday – 10 am – 2 pm
- Friday – 9 am – 1 pm
- Thursday – 8.30 am – 4.30 pm
Supporting your therapeutic journey
Outside of Ikon we strongly recommend that you participate in therapy sessions of your own.
The benefits of this include:
- Familiarising yourself with therapeutic approaches.
- Learning new behaviors and/or responses which can help you to achieve your goals (which can support the kind of life you would like to have).
- Understanding your own thoughts, feelings and responses better.
- Developing skills and understanding for improving relationships.
- Working towards greater self-understanding and fulfillment.
Student Support Services
The Ikon Institute of Australia is committed to providing a supportive and positive environment for all members of its community and beyond. This extends to providing student support throughout the entirety of a students’ journey with us, through the provision of the following services:
Orientation and Transition Support
All students are expected to attend the Ikon Institute’s orientation program in their first week. The orientation program involves familiarisation with the campus, facilities and study skills.
All students are provided with a copy of the Student Handbook during their induction at Ikon Institute. The handbook contains information on services, facilities and resources available to students, contact details for key members of staff at the Ikon Institute and other relevant information in assisting students with their studies.
Education Support Officers
The Ikon Institute has a team of Education Support Officers (ESO’s) designated to provide assistance to students. Students are introduced to their ESO at induction and given their contact details. Students are free to approach any Ikon Institute staff member for help or to make general enquires.
Student Support Officers
All Ikon Students have access to private sessions with on-site Student Support Officers, who are trained in therapeutic practice. Personal development is an integral part of Ikon programs, and this aspect can be occasionally unsettling for some students, or give rise to a certain degree of emotional upheaval.
Sessions with appropriate practitioners can be booked online or through the administration team.
Study Skills Handbook
The Study Skills Handbook has been developed for students in establishing good study practices from the onset of your learning at Ikon and to ensure that you are aware of the expectations when it comes to the more formal part of your learning and assessments.
All Ikon students have access to a range of on-campus facilities. Click here for more information.