Youth Jobs PaTH
With the staggering growth in the Community Services sector, as many as 1 in 4 jobs created in Australia by 2018 will be in the community services and health sectors. This specialised program, provides youth with valuable knowledge and skills in an employment sector with undeniable opportunities.
Employability Skills Training providers are proudly supported by the Australian Government
IKON is a quality registered training organisation delivering nationally recognised Vocational Education Training (VET) and Higher Education Qualifications (TEQSA registered) throughout Australia.
IKON provide hands-on, practical education to support students looking to boost their skills or increase their employability in the the community services field inclusive of aged care, disability services, mental health and youth work.
IKON Youth Jobs PaTH program is suited to you if you are a Job Active Provider;
- working with young people who may be interested in a career dedicated to helping and supporting others through life challenges,
- want to help your clients get an understanding of what it would mean to consider a career in Community Services?
- like to support young people to develop the necessary personal and professional skills to become ‘Job Ready’ and move towards a fulfilling career?
IKON are approved to deliver the Youth Jobs PaTH program in many regions across South Australia, Victoria and Queensland.
The program is offered in two comprehensive training blocks, giving young people valuable skills and confidence to pursue a career of their choice, in line with their strengths.
Training Block 1 – Pathways to Community Services
Participants will gain a range of skills and opportunities applicable to many industries as well as gain specialist knowledge and skills to consider a career in the Community Services Sector.
Training Block 2 – General Employability Skills
Participants will learn general employability skills and have the opportunity to apply and experience these across a wide variety of industries, including; retail, construction & hospitality.
Find out more below:
Program Delivery: More Information
IKON offer two comprehensive training blocks, custom designed to give young people the skills and confidence to pursue a career.
Training Block One – Pathways to Community Services
This training block will help young people to develop the following skills to support them to become work ready;
- Communication with others
- Working in a Team
- Problem solving
- Developing the confidence to take initiative
- Planning and organising your time and your work
- Managing your time and workload
- Learning how the world of work operates
- Understanding and using technology at work
In addition to the above, participants will be gain specialist knowledge and skills to consider a career in the Community Services Sector.
Training Block Two – General Employability Skills
Participants will learn and develop general employability skills and have the opportunity to apply and experience these across a wide variety of industries, including; retail, construction & hospitality.
This training block considers;
- Looking for work
- Resume writing
- Interview skills and preparation
- Presenting appropriately for work
- Time management and organisation
- Communication skills for the work place
- Understanding the personal and professional skills and practices needed to be an effective employee
- Staying employed and being a coachable and motivated employee
- Course Duration – 15 days per training block. Monday to Friday. 9am – 3pm.
- Training will be in a supported environment and include a mix of self-paced, theory, and practical study. Assessment will include a combination of both theory and practical observation.
- All course materials will be provided to the student.
You can find out more about the sessions in your local area by clicking on your state below:
You can find out more about about the Youth Jobs PaTH program and Ikon’s delivery at our next information session.
Find out more about about the Youth Jobs PaTH program and Ikon’s delivery at our next information session.
IKON is a Youth Jobs PaTH Employability Skills Training Provider and can offer two comprehensive training blocks that will give young people the skills and confidence to pursue a career on social and community services.
IKON is considered:
- A Social Services Specialist in Training Block 1
- General employment skills in Training Block 2
Each Training block is delivered from 9am – 3pm over a 3 week block. More info
Program Delivery Schedule
Please contact us for the delivery schedule in your local region.
Employment regions for delivery
Inner Metropolitan Melbourne: Melbourne, Doncaster, Burwood, Cheltenham and Chelsea Heights
North Eastern Melbourne: Whittlesea, Ringwood, Warburton, Yarra Glen
North Western Melbourne: Romsey and Craigieburn
South Eastern Melbourne and Peninsula: Frankston, Safety Beach, Nar Nar Goon and Koo Wee Rup
Western Melbourne: Melton South and Hoppers Crossing
Interested to know more?
For more information regarding our courses please don’t hesitate to contact;
Brocke Lever | Youth Jobs PaTH Program Officer E: email@example.com | P: 0439 374 365
You can also find out more about about the Youth Jobs PaTH program and Ikon’s delivery at our next information session.